• 8 medium size zucchini
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 - 8 ounce jar of your favorite salsa
• 1 can refried beans
• 1 can black beans
• 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or dairy free cheese
• 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
• 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
• Chopped tomatoes
• Chopped olives
• Greek yogurt or dairy free yogurt for garnish
Cut zucchini in half and blanch in boiling water for 6-7 minutes. Drain well and set on towel to remove moisture.
Meanwhile, sauté ground meat and drain well. Add cilantro and garlic.
Once zucchini pieces are dry, use a spoon or melon ball spoon and scoop out inside of each zucchini. Fill each boat with a mixture of black beans and refried beans (usually a heaping tablespoons). Place filled zucchini boats in a 9x11 glass pan. Add cooked meat, salsa and cheese on top. Bake for 25 minutes on 450° F.
Once baked garnish with Greek yogurt.
Serve or freeze for later! Serves 8