A famous Getufit recipe that has made its mark in the homes of many of my clients is now a fan favorite! Somehow this fave was unintentionally omitted from the original Month 2 Standard Meal Plan. What better way to may sure everyone gets to enjoy this than to include it on my blog!
This delicious recipe can be made as a main meal or an appetizer for a holiday gathering. You can use ground turkey or chicken... or even a plant-based meat alternative!
1 lb lean ground beef
3/4 c liquid egg whites or 4 whole egg whites
1/2 c fat-free shredded cheddar or dairy-free cheese
1/2 c shredded parmesan (or nutritional yeast for dairy-free)
1/2 c breadcrumbs (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
1/4 c reduced sugar ketchup
3 tbsp mustard
5 small dill pickles finely diced (relish may work here as well)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Brown ground beef (or meat of choice) in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. While meat cooks, mix remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. After briefly cooling, add cooked meat to the remaining ingredient mixture,
stirring until even.
5. Spoon mixture into the mini muffin tin, making sure to remove any excess
6. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown.
Makes 24 bites.