• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 3 medium carrots, sliced or chopped
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 lbs extra lean ground turkey
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 1/2 cups white rice (cooked)
• 8 cups water
• 1 small bunch of kale
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and, once hot, sauté the onion, garlic, and carrots, stirring constantly, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
Add the ground turkey and cook until cooked through and white, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the rice and broth and bring to a boil. Then, stir in the kale, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the kale has wilted and the carrots are soft.
Taste for seasoning and fix salt and pepper. Serve immediately! Serves 8