• 12-ounce organic red lentil pasta
• 4 1/4 cups water
• 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with liquid
• 1/2 one small-medium size onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 10 leaves fresh basil, roughly chopped
• Salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
In a large pot combine all ingredients except basil, salt and pepper. Stir together. Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, still covered, for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
Add salt, pepper and basil leaves. Stir to combine for one minute. Serve hot and enjoy.