• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
• 1 cup onion, diced
• 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1 cup carrot, finely diced
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
• 2 eggs
• 4 tablespoons ketchup + more for topping
• 1/4 cup milk or almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Heat skillet to medium heat, add olive oil, green pepper, onion, garlic,
and carrot. Cook for 10 minutes until veggies are cooked through and
onions are translucent.
3. Pour cooked veggies into mixing bowl, add cornmeal, cilantro, ground
beef, eggs, ketchup and milk.
4. Mix together until fully combined. Strongly advise just using your
hands to mix together.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin pan, fill to the edge, add a small spoonful
to round out the top (they will not rise a lot). Spoon ketchup on tops if
6. Bake 30 -35 minutes.
7. Cut open one muffin to double check the middle is cooked through.
8. Top with fresh cilantro and serve with veggies. Serves 6.