• 2 lbs boneless Chuck Roast
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup high quality balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon honey mustard
• 1 cup beef broth
• 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or arrowroot powder
1. Generously grease the bowl of your slow cooker. Set aside
2. Make the rub: In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion
powder, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Make the sauce:In a medium bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar,
honey, mustard and beef broth. Set aside.
4. Putting it together: Coat the roast in 1 tablespoon olive oil and add
the rub. (I spread it around with my hands). Set in your slow cooker.
5. Pour sauce over roast and turn your slow cooker onto low.
6. Cook on low for 8-12 hours, occasionally spooning more sauce over
the roast, until it is very easily shredded with a fork.
7. Shred and continue cooking on low for another 1 hour.
8. Just before you are ready to serve, remove the meat from the sauce
and strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl
(do NOT pour it down the drain)!
9. Transfer sauce to a saucepan and whisk in 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
or arrowroot powder.
10. Cook on medium heat until sauce becomes thick.
11. Pour 1⁄4 of the thickened sauce over the meat and save the rest for
people to spoon on when you serve!
12. Eat and enjoy!
Instant Pot- Steps 1-7 then cook for 35 minutes slow release.
Continue on to steps 8-11 leaving IP on “warm” setting until step 12. Makes 10 servings.