• 2 cups cauliflower rice
• 1 cup cooked quinoa, cold
• 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
• 1/2 cup flour (you can use any kind here)
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon of each: salt, allspice, cinnamon
• 2 tablespoon olive oil (to pan fry the meatballs)
• 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 medium onion, sliced thin
• 4 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1″ fresh ginger root, grated (about 2 tablespoons)
• 1/2 teaspoon each: turmeric, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
• 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk or cashew milk
• 1 cup vegetable broth or water
• 2 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Combine all the meatball ingredients (except the vegetable oil for pan frying) in a large bowl and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and add onions and cook over medium high heat for 7-8 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes. Add turmeric, salt, black and red pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add coconut milk, lime juice and broth and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes and chopped cilantro, remove from heat and set aside.
To prepare the meatballs, heat the vegetable oil in a separate skillet. Working with 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture at a time, form about 22 meatballs. Arrange them in the skillet and cook over medium heat, 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
Before serving, place the meatballs in the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes (if the sauce has thickened too much, you can add a little water to get the desired consistency).
Serve over with veggies but don’t include additional carb or fat as this recipe is complete with all essentials. Serves 6.