Hi! I'm Irene!
I have been a fitness professional since 1997 and specialize in assisting people with improving their wellness on a multitude of all levels. My advanced INLP Life Coaching Practitioner Accreditation, Integrative Nutrition Certificates, and research in human metabolic distress enable me to provide nutritional therapy to members of my programs. I am a board Certified Nutrition Specialist by the BCNS.
As a Nutritional Therapist, I teach my clients to understand how food and exercise can be used as tools to enhance the body's ability to provide energy and serve as a tool to aid in strengthening the metabolism which will enhance weight loss, athletic performance, and overall wellbeing.
As a business owner and Entrepreneur, my days are spent guiding and inspiring others to reach their fitness goals and lead a healthy lifestyle. My goal as a Nutritional Therapist is to help people understand the components behind weight loss and the metabolism and ultimately enhance their overall relationship with food. After nearly two decades, I have recently retired from one-on-one training and focus all of my time and energy on designing nutrition and exercise plans for members of my program, and work with special cases and doctor referrals.
I’m a marathoner and have run over 50 marathons. I've also completed several ultra-distance races including the 2018 Barkley and enjoy being a part of this community. I live the same lifestyle that I teach to my clients as it has enhanced my life in so many ways, and I pride myself on knowing my programs have touched the lives of thousands of others.
Fitness is my fountain of youth. It has made such a difference in my life that I’d like to share the wealth. Knowing what to do and how to do it can and will improve your quality of life in every aspect.
I have such an amazing level of energy that motivates me to keep people enthused. I get motivated by seeing the improvements in my clients. It generates so much energy and keeps me going!
Getting individuals to understand the value of fitness. Devoting the time and money needed is absolutely priceless. Nothing feels better than feeling good about yourself!
•. Founder, Owner, and Producer of Getufit Fitness & Nutrition and GetuGreat Wellness Programs
• Published Author of Girlfriend's Guide to Weight Loss
• INLP Certified Life Coach Specializing in Nutritional Therapy
• CNS -Board Certified Nutrition Expert – Integrative Nutrition
• Health and Wellness Coach Certification – AFPA
• Bachelor of Arts, Elmhurst College
• Masters of Arts; Curriculum and Instruction, Concordia University
• NASM Certified Personal Trainer- over 25 years of experience
• ACE Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Pre/Post Natal Fitness
• AFAA (Aerobic and Fitness Association of America)
Certified Group Fitness Instructor
• 200 Hour Yoga Certification - Eric Paskel
• Health and Wellness Consultant for Huntley Fire District,
• 50+ time Marathon runner including 15+ Chicago, New York,
2018 Barkley Marathon, 2013-2017 Boston Marathon Finisher
• Show host of Getufit with Irene 101.5 Huntley Community Radio